Practice Lab: CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501)
Online Practice Labs, easily accessed from anywhere at any time, are the foundation to practical hands-on skills development enabling users to access real live equipment in a safe test environment.
The CompTIA Security+ Practice Lab will provide you with the necessary platform to gain hands on skills in IT security. By completing the lab tasks you will improve your practical skills in identifying threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, access and identity management and risk management.
These same tasks will help you understand the objectives and competencies required by the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) certification exam.
The CompTIA Security+ is an intermediate level certificate aimed at IT security professionals, with a minimum of 2 years of IT administration (with a focus on security and day-to-day technical information security experience). This Practice Lab focuses on the practical aspects of the CompTIA Security + (SY0-501) exam objectives. It is therefore advised to refer to your own course materials to gain a deeper understanding of any theoretical aspects of the exam objectives.
It is also recommended that you have gained the following certification before attempting the CompTIA Security+ exam:
No prior hands-on experience is required to use or complete this Practice Lab, however we have assumed that you know how to use a computer and that you are familiar with basic networking concepts and technologies.
Learning Time: 25 hours
- Firewall Rule Based Management
- Firewalls and Evasion
- NAT and OpenSSH
- Network Vulnerabilities Part 1
- Network Vulnerabilities Part 2
- Application Data - Establish Host Security
- Configuring IDS and Honeypots
- Password Cracking Tools
- Implementing DNSSEC
- Social Engineering Reconnaissance
- Encryption and Hashing
- Understanding PKI Concepts
- Backup and Recovery
- Implement Patching using WSUS
- Managing Local Storage and Virtual Hard Disks
- Implementing a Network Policy Server
- Managing Certificates
- Protocols and Services - SNMP
- Data Encryption
- Implementing Software RAID
- Introduction to Digital Forensics
- Implementing AD Federation Services
- Configuring RADIUS
- Install and Configure Network Load Balancing
- Scanning and Remediating Vulnerabilities with OpenVAS
Why Choose MeasureUp Practice Tests?
Quality test content is extremely important to us so that you will be prepared on exam day. We ensure that all objectives of the exam are covered in depth so you'll be ready for any question on the exam. Our practice tests are written by industry experts in the subject matter. They work closely with certification providers to understand the exam objectives, participate in beta testing and take the exam themselves before creating new practice tests. MeasureUp's quality content and innovative technology have earned the prestigious credential of Microsoft Official Practice Test and is the Official VMware Practice Test.
- Online performance-based simulations give hands on work environment experience
- Practice test experience prepares you for the real exam and builds your knowledge of exam objectives
- All question types found on the vendor exam are included in your practice test
- Detailed explanations for both correct and distractor answers reinforce the material
- Practice Mode covers all objectives ensuring topics are covered
- Certification Mode (timed) prepares you “exam taking” conditions
- Instant, drill-down score reports tell you exactly the areas to focus on
- Additional related Web references included
|Chrome 39||Firefox 34||Internet Explorer 10 and 11||Safari 8|
|Surface Pro||Windows 8||X||X||X|
|Safari 8||Android||Chrome 39||Internet Explorer RT||Internet Explorer 11|
|iPhone 5 or higher*||IOS 8||X||X|
|iPhone 4*||IOS 7||X||X|
|Android Tablet*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Android Phone*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Lumia 920 or higher*||Windows Phone 8.1||X|
*Online use only with these devices
Download System Requeriments
- Win7, Win8.1, Linux 64 bits, MAC OSX 10.9 and 10.10
- We no longer support XP
MOS System Requeriments
- Microsoft Office 2016 is required in order to complete the Live in the app practice.
- Adobe Reader or similar is required.
- Operating System needs to be Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Browser options are Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- .NET version: .NET 3.5 required. Some features may also require .NET 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 CLR to be installed.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x32-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM.
- Minimum hard disk space available: 300 Mb
- Internet Connection.
- First, use the practice test in Practice Mode to access questions, answers explanations and reference materials. Leverage the remediation to additional learning materials to maximize study effectiveness.
- Next, use your Score Report to identify objectives where your score is lower and more study is needed.
- And then, refine your practice experience in Practice Mode by customizing domain objectives or selecting missed questions. Use additional study time wisely.